Do's & Don'ts for Fire in Your Home
SERVPRO of Western Essex County are devoted to keeping your family safe in case of an unexpected fire. Please review these tips to better prepare yourself for any future disasters:
-To prevent soot particles from being embedded into carpet, try to limit the movement around your home. This will avoid tracking. Also, keep your hands clean as you can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
-Empty your freezer and fridge. Keep doors open to prevent odor.
-Wipe soot from metal kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances.
-Pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, and tubs, to avoid freezing pipes in case heat is off during the winter.
-Change your old HVAC filter, and leave it off until a professional can check the system
-To prevent soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system, tape your air registers with double layers of cheesecloth
-Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces, or shampoo carpets/rugs without contacting SERVPRO of Central Union County
-Do not clean any electrical appliances as it may have been close to fire
-Ceiling fixture wiring may be wet and damaged, so avoid turning them on. It may cause electrical shock
Call SERVPRO of Western Essex County For your residential or commercial needs. 866-361-3400