Is it time to replace your carpet?
Any carpet that experiences regular use will need to be replace sooner or later. Carpets usually have 5-15-year life span. Consider the following to determine if your carpet is due for a replacement.
- Stains on your carpet? Although most carpets come with a stain resistance finish, the treatment fades away over time and leaves the carpet unprotected. If you find yourself covering stains with furniture or rugs, it may be time for a carpet replacement. Fortunately, professionals like SERVPRO of Western Essex County have the skills to remove tough stains.
- Certain stains such as pet urine or vomit are easily clean but bacteria from such can absorb into the carpet padding, eventually creating mold. Please consider replacing the carpet due to health hazards.
- Experiencing bad odor? When owning a pet or you haven’t cleaned in a while, you will notice a persisting smell on your carpet. Usually with some proper cleaning, the smell will subside. If it doesn’t, typically the odors have penetrated deep into the carpet padding or subfloor.
- If you notice that your allergies have increased, one source may be your older carpet. Often, older carpets retain allergens which can cause your allergies to act up.
- How old is your carpet? color loss, fading, matting, ripples, wrinkles and lack of padding support can be a clear indication that your carpet has reached its end.